Prophecy Networks offers a flexible, secure and reliable way to quickly and easily leverage Public, Hybrid and Private Cloud technology to your business advantage.
Cloud services are platforms, software, or infrastructure that are online based, allowing for the storage of files and data in a centralised and secure web location, with access that can be monitored and restricted to your staff and collaborators. Also known as cloud computing as a service, it allows for movement of documents from hardware such as phones, laptops and servers, to an online server and back. This data then becomes accessible across multiple devices via apps or web browsers.
Types of Cloud Services:
- Software as a Service (SaaS) – Access and use software that’s stored and maintained in the cloud, usually includes storing related files. It’s the most commonly used service.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) – Works as a platform on which software applications are developed
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) – Allows businesses to create their own virtual data centres in the cloud. IaaS is typically used as a building block for developing and deploying PaaS and SaaS applications. It’s designed for ultimate control over all resources.
- Infrastructure as code (IaC) – Deploy, manage or maintain your IT infrastructure using configuration files
- Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) - A complete managed solution for providing disaster recovery, on-prem to cloud or vice versa, enabling the immediate restoration of services across geo locations.
- Desktop as a Service (DaaS) - Delivers virtual applications and desktop services via a public or private cloud service. Your workforce can access this service through an internet connection via an html-based web browser or a secure application downloaded to a device such as a laptop, desktop, thin client or tablet.
Key benefits of Cloud Services:
- Cost-effective – Eliminate capital expenditure on costly server hardware, server software licensing and maintenance.
- Instant scalability – Whether you’re a small organisation with basic storage requirements, a part of a global chain with needs that exceed the norm, or somewhere in between, you’ll have access to scalable services that can be adjusted according to the demands of your business.
- Always available – Access your applications and data from anywhere, at any time using any device connected to the internet.
- Flexibility – Public, private or a combination of on premise and cloud (i.e. hybrid cloud).
- Secure – From Amazon to Google to Microsoft, these providers have invested considerably into the security and reliability of their systems. Many cloud providers offer advanced security features such as multi-factor authentication, encryption, and access control.
- Business Continuity – Protecting your data and systems is an important part of business continuity planning. Whether you experience a natural disaster, power failure or other crisis, having your data stored in the cloud ensures it is backed up and protected in a secure and safe location. Being able to access your data again quickly allows you to conduct business as usual, minimising any downtime and loss of productivity.
Cloud can mean many things. Prophecy Networks is highly experienced in cloud environments applicable to business and can advise your business on suitable cloud computing solutions.
Prophecy Network can provide a smooth transition to the cloud for businesses looking to take advantage of the myriad of cloud options, without all the stress. We have our own geo redundant data centre located in Wellington and Napier, operated to the highest of specifications to facilitate cloud solutions.